Furnished units include:
- Double occupancy in a 1 Bedroom/1 Bath (2-person apartment)
- Single occupancy in a 2 Bedroom/1 Bath (3-person apartment)
- Double occupancy in a 2 Bedroom/1 Bath (3-person apartment)
New Sequoia is a new structure with 42 apartments on five stories. These apartments are designed in a U-shaped building around a courtyard. They offer an independent living environment, and at the same time are just a few blocks from campus. The majority of the units are double-occupancy bedrooms in two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments or double-occupancy bedrooms in one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments. There are 33 single-occupancy spaces in two-bedroom, one-bath apartments. These spaces will be assigned to students according to eligibility and lottery number. All apartments are single gender.
New Sequoia Apartments*
- Student Capacity: 116
- 2 Staff, 42 Units
- Each Apartment is Single Gender; All-Gender Facility
- Single bedrooms have full XL beds or twin XL beds depending on unit
- Shared bathroom
- Shared kitchen and living/dining area
- Outside courtyard
- In-building coin-operated laundry
- Covered bicycle parking (limited)
*New Sequoia is a mixed use building that also houses Mezzo and Raleigh’s Pub.
Note: New Sequoia Apartments are considered on-campus apartments for budgetary purposes with the Financial Aid Office. This building remains open for the winter break and room rates are inclusive of occupancy during this time period.
Fully Furnished Apartments
Bedroom • extra long bed, desk, desk chair, desk lamp, dresser, closet
Kitchen • full refrigerator, microwave, stove, four burners, kitchen table, and chairs
Living Room • couch, coffee table, end table, side chair, and TV stand
Shared bathroom with bathtub/shower
Utilities are included. No cable service.
Please note that living/dining and kitchen areas are considered University common space and may be subject to routine health and safety inspections. No cleaning services offered.
While apartment rates do not include meal plans, there are options! Residents may purchase one of our off-campus meal plans (learn more about Meal Plans), or use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Berkeley Dining’s services at any of the dining commons and several on-campus restaurants and convenience stores.
- What utilities are included in the cost for a New Sequoia room?
All gas, electric, water, trash, and internet is covered in the cost of the New Sequoia apartments.
- What size linens will I need to bring?
Double rooms have XL twin beds. Single bedrooms have full XL beds or twin XL beds depending on unit
- How do I set up cable TV?
You will need to contact Comcast directly to setup cable TV for your apartment.